Want to be a part of a cutting-edge research centre?
The Centre undertakes fundamental and strategic research relating to plant metabolism, signalling, nutrition and genetics in model plants using a wide array of functional genomics approaches. It has excellent plant growth and imaging facilities, plus state-of-the-art equipment for genome, transcript, protein and metabolite profiling.
Suitably qualified researchers are invited to work on a range of integrated projects in the Centre.
We have one new position available.
La Trobe University
One position currently available
Click on the position title below to expand the job description.
Pivot Fellowship | REF: 552835 | [OPEN]
Incitec Pivot Fellowship (JOB REF: 552835)
ARC CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
PLANT ENERGY BIOLOGY
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
A world-leading centre for plant science
- Fixed term 3 year appointment
- Salary range: $90,748 - $107,758 per annum
- Plus up to 17% Superannuation
- Closing date: Sunday, 3 September 2017 11.00pm AEST
About the position
As part of La Trobe University’s ongoing commitment to solving real world problems at the regional, national and international level, the University in partnership with Incitec Pivot have established a fellowship to carry out outstanding research in the area of plant nutrition. This position will provide an environment for an early career researcher, to establish and develop their research record in the discipline of plant nutrition, with an emphasis on phosphate nutrition.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD in plant genomics, molecular biology or other relevant discipline in the general field of plant nutrition.
- Evidence of experience in research an evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
How to apply
Position description and application available here: Incitec Pivot Fellowship
Closing date: Sunday, 3 September 2017 11.00pm AEST
Position Enquiries: Please contact Professor Jim Whelan by email firstname.lastname@example.org after viewing the position documentation.
genes to energy...